Frequently asked questions
"What's it all about? Get answers here"
What are foundation garments?
Foundation garments, or shapewear, are undergarments designed to temporarily alter the wearer's body shape, to get a smoother, sleeker, more fashionable figure and look stunning in all your clothes, from bridal to business. The function of a foundation garment is not to enhance the figure (such as a padded bra), but to smooth or control.
What kind of foundation garments or shapewear are there?
This underwear is categorized by the level of shape control offered: light, medium, or firm. The simplest foundation is a body–liner or bodysuit, very light–weight leotards, which offer a light touch of smoothing. These are available as unitards, with shortened legs, or camisoles in leotard style. You can also get boy–leg and capri–leg lengths, with spaghetti straps, low cut necklines, and scoop backs. These softly smooth the figure and provide light support.
Girdles are often called "body shapers" or "contour garments." These garments offer the highest level of shaping and support.
A foundation garment may be worn for a specific outfit. Being underwear, the foundation garment should not be visible under the outerwear. General purpose "all the way" shaper with clear straps that starts at the bust and ends at the knee or mid–calf are also available. Some foundation garments come with a built in strapless bra for dresses and halters.
What colors should I wear?
Rago Shapewear support undergarments come in many pretty colors — but especially in nude or skin colors so as not to be visible under outer clothes. Remember, black is only suitable with dark clothing, and white is actually visible even under white clothing.
Who wears support undergarments?
Everybody who wants to look smoother, sleeker, and more beautiful — Rago Shapewear support undergarments can help you appear two sizes smaller. Body shaping undergarments are especially good for brides with their wedding dresses, larger women, and for all people who want to spice up the boudoir — or to feel special under their business wear or everyday clothing.
How do I wash my foundation garments?
- When putting on or taking off an undergarment, take special care to avoid snagging it with your fingernails.
- Always consult labels for directions and precautions on caring for each garment.
- Machine–wash only when the "delicate fabric" setting is used.
- Undergarments should be washed every other day.
- If possible, use cold water, not hot water.
- Soaking for about ten minutes before washing is effective in helping to loosen soil.
- Stubborn spots may be removed by scrubbing with a soft brush.
- Do not wring or twist the garment.
- Rinse thoroughly and roll in a bath towel to remove excess moisture or, if spandex, in dryer. Remember, dryer heat can weaken elastic.
- Dry away from sunlight or direct heat.